Use THIS Valentine Brownie Recipe To Get a Guy
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
502 Bad Gateway
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips, or a 2oz baking bar of chocolate
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ cup and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
¼ cup and 2 tablespoons light brown sugar (firmly packed)
1 large egg and half an egg yolk
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon fine salt
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup (or less) of chocolate chips
[Optional] Valentine’s Day sprinkles
[Optional] ¼ teaspoon instant espresso powder
3oz chopped chocolate or ½ cup chocolate chips
½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup of powdered sugar
¼ vanilla extract
¼ fine salt
1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 9×9 baking pan¹ with parchment paper²
- Combine butter and 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips in a large, microwave-safe bowl.
- Add cocoa powder and instant coffee (if using), stir well.
- Add sugars, stir until completely combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time. After each addition, stir well, and then stir another 30 seconds. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Sprinkle salt over batter and stir.
- Add flour, stir until completely combined. You cannot overmix this batter, make sure it is mixed very well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread into prepared 9×9 pan.